Top | Emily Horton
Winter Radish Salad
(recipe, Emily Horton)
- 1 to 2 winter radishes (Spanish black, watermelon, or green meat radishes work especially well)
- 2 tsp. brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted (black sesame seeds look especially striking with Spanish black radishes)
- Wash, peel, and grate the radishes on the large holes of a box grater. Alternatively, slice the radishes into thin rings with a sharp knife or a mandoline.
- Put the grated radishes in a bowl and sprinkle with the vinegar. Toss gently, then drizzle with the oil and toss again.
- Season with salt to taste, garnish with the sesame seeds, and serve.