Top | Vegetarian Times Fast and Easy
Garlicky Tahini Sauce over Chard and Quinoa
(recipe, Vegetarian Times Editors)
This is a delicious combination, and lemon gives it a bright tang.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1¾ lb. Swiss chard, rinsed, dried, and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Make the quinoa: Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the quinoa, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook without stirring, 15 to 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- Make the chard: Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine the chard with ⅓ cup water and ¼ tsp. salt. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and cook 4 minutes, or until the chard is tender.
- Make the tahini sauce: Put the tahini in a small bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt. Gradually stir in 2 to 3 Tbsp. water to yield a sauce that's creamy but not runny.
- Serve the dish: Divide the quinoa into 4 mounds on individual plates. Using tongs, arrange the hot chard over the quinoa, then top with the tahini sauce.