Top | Desserts
(recipe, Simone van den Berg)
Who doesn't love a good Lemon Meringue pie!
- * 6 eggs
- * 100 gr butter
- * Juice of 4 lemons
- * Zest of 2 lemons
- * 170 gr sugar
- * 4 eggwhites
- * 110 gr fine sugar
- Ready made dough or use recipe for your own dough
- Mix the eggs, butter, sugar, lemonjuice and zest in a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl above a pan with softly boiling water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water (au bain marie).
- Keep stirring while the mixture heats up (roughly 10 minutes) It needs to become thick and creamy.
- Ad the filling to the bottom and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggwhite in a clean and fatfree bowl till it forms soft peaks.
- Add the sugar spoon for spoon.
- The eggwhites are ready when all the sugar is dissolved and you have a shiny mass of eggwhite.
- Spoon the eggwhite on top of your lemon filling and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until you have brown peaks.
- Remove and cool before eating.