Top | Jennifer Savage
(recipe, Jennifer Savage)
- 4 medium-sized ripe pears
- 2 medium-sized ripe mangoes
- Peel and core pears; cut in slices and add to blender. Remove seeds and skins from mangoes; cut in slices and add to blender. Purée, adding water until the consistency seems right.
- Spread mixture into two or three ice-cube trays and place in freezer until fruit is frozen. Remove cubes from trays and store in freezer bags in the freezer.
- When needed, remove as many cubes as you need (usually one cube is about one ounce) and warm them up before serving.
Read Jennifer Savage's essay about homemade baby food.