Top | Crockpot
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (1 large onion)
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used shiitake)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tsp. fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dill weed)
- 1 Tbsp. Hungarian smoked sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the broth, dill, paprika, and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.