Top | Matt's Recipes
Crispy Skillet Potatoes
(recipe, Matthew Smith)
Source: Stephanie Cooks Original
- 2 medium red skin potatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1- Scrub your potatoes clean. Dice into small, even pieces.
- 2- Place in a pot, cover just to the top with water. Bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, about ten minutes.
- 3- Drain and set aside.
- 4- In a nonstick skillet heat the oil.
- 5- Add the potatoes and the seasonings, toss to coat, and then leave them alone for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Do not flip or stir.
- 6- Flip the potatoes and allow them to sit another 5-7 minutes.
- 7- Check that all sides are golden and crisp. If not, continue allowing the potatoes to sit in the oil over the heat until golden and crisp.