Top | Thanksgiving/Christmas
Savory Sweet Brined Turkey
(recipe, Maria Wasowski)
- Savory Sweet Life – Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook - http://savorysweetlife.com -
How to Brine a Turkey
Posted By alice On November 19, 2010 @ 7:18 pm In Turkey | 51 Comments
- Turkey Brine Recipe
- 1 gal. water, divided
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sage
- 2 Tbsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 4 cups ice
- Bring 4 cups of water to a simmering boil. Add salt and sugar. Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Turn off the heat. Stir in 8 cups cold water, apple cider vinegar, sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and ice. The brine is ready to be used.
- Remove giblets and neck from the cavity. Rinse the outside and inside of a thawed turkey. Using paper towels, pat the turkey dry. Complete submerge the turkey in a large soup pot bigger than the bird and cover with a lid. Allow the turkey to marinate for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days. Rinse turkey and pat dry before adding additional seasoning, butter, or oil in preparation for roasting.
- *It’s important to reiterate not to use a self basting, pre-seasoned, or kosher turkey. Otherwise the turkey will be too salty. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Article printed from Savory Sweet Life – Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook: http://savorysweetlife.com
- URL to article: http://savorysweetlife.com/182.72727272727272/how-to-brine-a-turkey/
- Click here to print.
- Copyright © 2009 Savory Sweet Life - Everyday Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook. All rights reserved.