Top | Bluebird Christmas
Cookies for Jolly St. Nicholas
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Fun Robinson Family tradition each year are these happy Christmas cookies to leave on a plate for St. Nick! Sometimes we change the cookie variety. This year 2011 we made gingerbread cookies with cranberries. A favorite!!
- Gingerbread cookies
- Cream cheese
- Local Honey
- Dried Cranberries
- Cranberry Sauce
- Frozen shredded coconut (no preservatives)
- Sliced almonds
- Bake a recipe of your favorite Gingerbread (or sugar) cookies.
- Mix local honey into softened cream cheese until sweetly flavored for icing.
- Spread cream cheese honey icing on cool gingerbread cookies.
- Decorate a beard using defrosted frozen shredded coconut.
- Add a dried cranberry for nose.
- Add raisins for eyes.
- Use cranberry sauce for hat.
- Sliced almonds are also ideal for the ball on the hat.
- Place on a plate by the fireplace for St. Nicholas with a drink. He will be thrilled. Save some for Christmas morning breakfast! And remember to leave a carrot for Rudolph!