Top | Childhood Favourites
Estonian Potato Salad (kartulisalat)
(recipe, Keira McDowell)
This is my favourite Christmas salad. The joys of an Australian Chrissy lunch is that it's salads and a cold meat platter.
- 540 g large boiled potatoes, diced
- 3 to 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- ¼ cup (60g) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dice and boil the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes, allow to cool and dice.
- Blend the mayonnaise with the sour cream, mustard and salt.
- Add the shallots to the dressing.
- Carefully toss in the potatoes and eggs.