Top | Salted
Chèvre with Cyprus Black Flake Sea Salt and Cacao Nibs
(recipe, Mark Bitterman)
- 1 cup unsweetened cacao nibs
- 1 log (8 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 2 three-finger pinches of Cyprus black flake sea salt
- 1 small (8 ounces) baguette
- Spread the cacao nibs in a single layer on a sheet of foil. Roll the log of goat cheese carefully in the nibs so that cheese doesn’t stick to your fingers. Once the cheese is well coated, roll the log with a little more pressure to embed the nibs into the cheese.
- Place the log on a serving plate. Sprinkle it with the salt, allowing the crystals to tumble across the plate.
- Cut the baguette into thin slices and arrange them around the cheese log or place them in a basket to serve alongside.
- To serve, cut a round of cheese from the log and place it on a slice of baguette; top with a few of the scattered chunks of black salt.