Top | Savita Iyer-Ahrestani
(recipe, Savita Iyer-Ahrestani)
This simple tart is so comforting that it’s guaranteed to soothe even the most nervous of fliers.
- 10 Tbsp. butter, plus extra for the pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can (16 oz.) sliced pears
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8- or 9-inch pie plate.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar. Add the melted butter, the flour, and the baking powder, and whisk into a creamy batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate.
- Drain the syrup from the pears, and arrange them on the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cover the tart with foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes to brown the top.