Top | Savita Iyer-Ahrestani
(recipe, Savita Iyer-Ahrestani)
I love sautéed zucchini and often stir some shredded cheese into it, mixing the melted mass into pasta. One day, I decided to put the mélange into a lone wrap sitting in my fridge. I am since hooked.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 whole-wheat or flaxseed wraps
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then sauté the onion until it starts to brown. Add the zucchini and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the zucchini/onion mixture from the frying pan and set it on a plate.
- Place half the mixture onto one side of a wrap and top with half of the Gruyère cheese. Close the wrap and brown it on both sides in the remaining oil in the frying pan until the cheese has melted. Serve hot.