Top | Oprah
Cauliflower Puree with Peas
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 5 cups cauliflower florets (1 head)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. brown rice miso
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Spike seasoning
- ¼ cup scraped and finely cubed carrot
- ¼ cup scraped and finely cubed celery
- ¼ cup chopped scallion, white part only (2-3 scallions)
- 1 tsp. Louisiana-style hot sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- Combine cauliflower and vegetable stock in a stockpot.
- Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer the contents of the pot to a blender, add the miso and cream cheese, and puree until smooth. Return the puree to the stockpot. Add all the remaining ingredients except the peas and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the peas.