Top | The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook
(recipe, Kim O'Donnel)
- 1 bunch (4 to 5 cups) lacinato kale (also sold as dinosaur kale)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. red-pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, remove the stem and middle rib of each kale leaf so that all you have left are leaves. Wash the leaves, then dry thoroughly, preferably in a salad spinner. With a knife, cut the leaves into small pieces (ideally 3 inches long, 2 inches wide).
- Transfer the leaves to a medium mixing bowl and add the olive oil, salt, and red-pepper flakes (if using). With your hand, coat the leaves with the seasonings; the leaves will glisten a bit.
- Place the kale in a single layer on a baking sheet, giving the leaves plenty of room to roast. Cook for 8 minutes, maybe a few seconds more. Remove from the oven and enjoy.