(recipe, Ina Garten)
This salad is quick, easy, and colorful.
- 1½ cups couscous
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1½ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 tsp. white-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated (or small-diced) carrots
- ½ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup dried currants
- ¼ cup blanched, sliced almonds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- ¼ cup small-diced red onion
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in the boiling water and pour over the couscous. Cover tightly and allow the couscous to soak for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Pour over the fluffed couscous and mix well with a fork. Add the carrots, parsley, currants, almonds, scallions, and red onions; mix well and taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Culinate editor's note: Try this salad with whole-wheat couscous instead of regular couscous.