Top | The Divvies Bakery Cookbook
Chocolate-Dipped Candy Shop Pretzel Sticks
(recipe, Lori Sandler)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (choose a nut-free brand)
- ½ tsp. canola oil
- 1 bag (10-ounce) pretzel rods or twists
- Crushed peppermint hard candies
- Crushed cinnamon hard candies
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Themed sprinkles (hearts, snowflakes)
- Colored sugars
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the sprinkles or candies, if using, on individual paper plates and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips in a wide, shallow, microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on medium or high power for 1½ minutes; continue heating at 15-second intervals until melted.
- Dip each pretzel rod about ¼ of the way into the chocolate. Use a small spatula or butter knife to spread, if necessary.
- Lay the coated pretzels on the lined baking sheets, lining up the rods in the same direction (leave a bit of space between each pretzel).
- If decorating, allow the chocolate to set for one minute, but not completely. Roll each pretzel rod in the desired topping (or just sprinkle them on). Allow to set before serving or wrapping.