Top | Soups
Alice Water's Carrot Soup
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Very simple and very carroty. I serve it chunky the first day, but then I puree it (add more salt), to serve as a blended soup for leftovers)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ sprig thyme
- 1¼ lb. carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Toss the butter into a pot set over medium-low heat. When butter has melted add the onion and thyme. Continue cooking on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, add the salt, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chive