Top | Bluebird CSA
Heirloom Blend Apple Sauce
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Ark of Tastes includes heirloom apples. With this applesauce method you will have a smooth apple pie filling-like heirloom applesauce with big soft chunks of heirloom apples. Choose varieties like Arkansas Black, Stayman and Winesap...Georgia Grown! http://www.farm2uonline.com/bluebird
- Winesap Heirloom Apples
- Arkansas Black Heirloom Apples
- Stayman Heirloom Apples
- Apple Pie Spice
- Nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, allspice
- Fill a dutch oven with 8 large peeled and cored apples.
- Bake in a 250 degree oven for 2 and ½ hours or until they are a smooth applesauce.
- While these apples are baking, place a second batch of apples cut into large bite size chunks, in a pot on the stove.
- Add spices to taste cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and apple pie spice.
- Cook on the stovetop until fork tender chunks to add to your smooth sauce.
- Add chunky apples to the smooth applesauce.