Top | Desserts
Coconut Kaffir Lime Lemongrass Ice Cream
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
The original recipe from David Lebovitz uses saffron. I used the same method and replaced the flavor with kaffir lime and lemongrass.
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 2 oz. (60 gr) palm sugar, or ¼ cup white or unrefined cane sugar (or half and half)
- 6 Kaffir Lime leaves and 1 small stalk lemongrass, crushed
- (or scant ½ teaspoon saffron threads)
- 1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- 2. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, leave lime leaves in BUT REMOVE LEMONGASS and chill the mixture thoroughly.
- 3. Once chilled, freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Once churned, be sure to scrape any saffron threads clinging to the dasher back in to the ice cream (if using saffron).