Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
My Classic Salsa
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Recipe is originally from Homesick Texan. Leave out cilantro for the cilantro-haters in the family.
- 28 oz. can of tomatoes (or about a pound of fresh roma tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 serrano peppers, diced (or you can substitute 2 jalapenos, which are milder.)
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. of chile powder (add more to taste, if you like)
- Salt to taste
- a dash of sugar
- Juice from ½ lime (or more to taste)
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Taste it, and see if it needs any more spices. When done, you can serve it with some cilantro leaves on top to make it look pretty.