Top | Bluebird CSA
Autumn Harvest Acorn Squash Soup
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
This hearty, earthy soup is delicious as a farmhouse meal. The rosemary and garlic cloves add a rich flavor to a fall garden harvest blend of acorn squash, potatoes and tomatoes.
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 potatoes
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ t. seasalt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup half and half or rice milk
- 3 stems fresh rosemary
- ½ t. black pepper
- Bake or steam acorn squash and potatoes. If you use microwave, cut slits in acorn squash for steam release.
- Stew tomatoes with water, seasalt, garlic cloves and oil.
- When acorn squash is cooled, scoop out seeds and squash.
- Place squash in pan with half and half or rice milk and combine.
- Pour squash mixture into pot of tomatoes and garlic.
- Add baked potatoes cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix together.
- Serve in bowls with fresh rosemary and black pepper.