Top | Bluebird CSA
Winter Acorn Squash, Apple and Pecans in a Crock Pot
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Thank you Blake and Susan McCoy for this delicious acorn squash and apple recipe cooked in your crock pot! Easy and healthy for Bluebird CSA winter squash and Georgia apples. Warming fall flavors. http://www.farm2uonline.com/bluebird
- 1 acorn squash, quartered and deseeded
- 2 diced apples
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts or pecans
- ⅛ t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Add water to crockpot on HIGH.
- Add acorn squash quarters.
- Place apples around squash.
- Mix together butter, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Add topping to squash.
- Cook until tender on LOW for 4 hours and on HIGH for another hour.
- Optional: Brown in the oven adding extra brown sugar topping.