Top | Breakfast
Cooking Light Pumpkin Bread Pudding
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- 1¼ cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin-pie spice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can pumpkin
- 4½ cups (½ inch) cubed challah or other egg bread (about 8 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon syrup and 1½ teaspoons pecans.
- Nutritional Information
- Calories:273 (23% from fat)
- Fat:7g (sat 1.7g,mono 3.1g,poly 1.4g)