Top | WFM Recipes
Marinated Black Bean Salad
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Chefs representing SHIP (School Health Initiative Program) demonstrated this recipe at the Williamsburg Farmers Market Chef Tent on Children’s Day, October 16, 2010. Nutrition Information: Calories 245, Total fat 2g, Total carbohydrate 23g, Dietary fiber 5g, Protein 8g
- 2 15.0 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 9 oz. frozen yellow corn
- ¼ cup sweet green peppers, raw, diced
- ¼ cup sweet red peppers, raw, diced
- ⅛ cup onions, raw, diced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 t parsley, dried
- ½ t cumin, ground
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 5 oz. salsa
- 2 t vegetable oil
- Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Combine black beans, corn, green peppers, red peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- For dressing, combine the lemon juice, parsley, cumin, garlic powder, salsa and oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to combine.
- Refrigerate until service.
- Optional: sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top before serving.