Top | Breakfast
Lavender Creme Fraiche Scones
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup crème fraîche (8 oz package)
- ¼ cup neutral tasting oil, such as sunflower
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. lavender buds
- A few pinches of sparkling sugar
- Oven preheated to 425 F, grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder salt and lavender in a bowl. Add in the creme fraiche and oil, and mix until it begins to form a dough. Either turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, or give it a few good kneads right in the bowl until it holds together.
- Drop dough by ~¼ cup mounds onto a baking sheet. OR
- Divide the dough in half, and, on a greased baking sheet, flatten each half out into rounds about 1" thick. Cut each of the rounds into quarters using a knife, and separate the sections by about 1" on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 15 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden. As soon as the scones come out of the oven, sprinkle with a little sparkling sugar and serve.