Top | Breads
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- ⅓ cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2½ tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup skim milk, slightly warm (100-110 degrees)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, sugar and yeast. Let stand 10 minutes or until slightly foamy.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium/medium-high heat (water should evaporate very quickly when dropped on the surface). Place rings on surface and spray everything with cooking spray.
- Drop dough by ⅓ cupfuls into the rings and cook until medium brown on the bottom. Remove the rings- the top should look set and the sides should look dry. Flip over and cook until the second side is brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes or until completely cool. To serve, split with a fork and toast.
- To freeze: wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and place in a gallon size ziploc bag. They defrost well in the microwave.