Top | Breads
Cinnamon Raisin Whole Wheat English Muffins
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- ⅓ cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2½ tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup skim milk, slightly warm (100-110 degrees)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup raisins
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, sugar and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until slightly foamy.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining ingredients except the raisins and mix until smooth. Once the batter comes together, stir in the raisins.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes.
- Heat a griddle over medium/medium-high heat (water dropped on surface should evaporate very quickly). Place muffin rings on the surface and lightly grease everything with cooking spray.
- Drop the dough into the rings by ⅓ cupfuls and cook until medium brown on the bottom. Remove the rings- the top of the muffins should look set and the sides should look dry. This should take several minutes. Carefully flip them over and cook the second side until brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes or until completely cool. To serve, split with a fork and toast.
- To Freeze- wrapp muffins individually in plastic wrap and place them in a gallon freezer bag.