Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Heidi Swanson Recipe. This is really good on ravioli or tortellini.
- 12 plump, chewy sun-dried tomatoes (I used dried, reconsituted)(about 2 ounces)
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- a couple big pinches of red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Pulse the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, pepper flakes, olive oil, thyme, and salt in a food processor until it comes together into a textured crumble. Add the walnuts or pine nuts, and pulse a few more times to chop and combine.