Top | Desserts
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup mashed banana (from 1 sm/med)
- 1½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats (or regular rolled oats, not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars and butter. Beat in egg until smooth, then mix in the peanut butter and mashed banana. Working by hand or with a mixer on low speed, blend dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in the oats.
- Shape dough into tablespoons and place on baking sheet, flattening each slightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies just begin to turn golden around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack.