Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Black Bean Dip
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. water (or a shot of tequila)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, green parts chopped
- 2 Tbsp. canned green chilies, chopped (OR 1 fresh jalapeno)
- Mix everything except the scallions and chilies in a food processor (if using fresh jalanpeno, add this to the FP along with the garlic). Blend. Add more water if needed to get the right consistency.
- Stir in scallions and chilies.