Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Spinach Cannellini Ben Dip
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Super healthy and super tasy. Best served with toasted pita wedges.
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10.0 -ounce bag fresh spinach or 2 (6-ounce) bags baby spinach
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add ½ the bag of spinach and cook until fully wilted, about 2 to 5 minutes. (If there are still large unwilted stems at that point, cut them off.) Remove spinach to a bowl to cool, and repeat the whole process with another teaspoon olive oil and the remaining half of the garlic and spinach.
- Combine the remaining olive oil (or not, really), spinach, beans, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor. If it all doesn't fit at first, pulse a few times with ½ the spinach, and then add the rest.
- Blend until mixture is to the consistency you like. Serve with tortilla, pita, or veggies.