Top | Desserts
Vegan, Crustless Pumpkin Pie
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
I love this recipe. It's a little healthy tasting for Laura, but I really liked it.
- 1 14.0 or 15-oz can pumpkin
- 1½ cups plain hemp milk or vanilla almond milk, or coconut milk
- 2 tsp. bourbon vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer
- ¾ cup organic light brown sugar
- ½ cup Arrowhead Mills buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch/flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or pie spice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl, if necessary to incorporate all of the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pie plate and smooth evenly. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for about an hour until done. The pie should be firm- but still give a little when lightly touched. The center should not be wet. It will fall a bit as it cools.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack completely. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.