Top | Soups
Thai-Spiced Pumpkin Coconut Soup
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Originally a recipe from Heidi Swanson. This soup is thick and creamy and is great topped with some stale bread croutons.
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 14.0 -ounce can coconut milk (light)
- 1 tsp. (or more) red Thai curry paste
- water or chicken stock
- 2 tsp. fine grain sea salt (or to taste)
- Scoop pumpkin into a large pot over medium high heat. Add the coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer. Puree with a stick blender. You should have a very thick soup base at this point.
- Now add water or broth a cup at a time pureeing and blending between additions until the soup is the consistency you prefer - a light vegetable stock would work here as well. Bring up to a simmer again and add the salt (and more curry paste if you like).