Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Pickled Carrot Sticks
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
If you're not up for making this recipe, just stick some carrot sticks in between the pickles of whatever other bath you're making. Works like a charm.
- Pickled Carrot Sticks
- Adapted from Gourmet Magazine
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into 3½- by ⅓-inch sticks
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup cider or plain vinegar (the former makes a sweeter, milder brine)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1½ Tbsp. dill seeds*
- 1½ Tbsp. salt
- Place carrots in a heatproof bowl. Bring remaining ingredients to a boil in saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Pour pickling liquid over carrots and cool, uncovered. Chill carrots, covered, at least 1 day for flavors to develop.
- Carrots keep, chilled in an airtight container, 1 month.