Top | Breakfast
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
Bollo's muffins. The greatest. One of my favorite combinations is cherry with almond extract. Make them with all whole wheat pastry flour or half whole wheat, half all purpose. I usually make them with half plain sugar and half light brown.
- 6 cups flour
- 2½ cups sugar (may need more-can be white, brown or combo)
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ cups oil (canola, etc)
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups berries, or other fruit in small pieces
- Mix dry together. Mix wet together. Add wet to dry and mix gently (do not over mix)
- Oil muffin tins fill to the top. You can sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if you like or add streusel.
- Bake 30-35 minutes for regular size muffins (makes about 2 dozen) or 40 minutes for jumbo muffins (makes about 1 dozen).