Top | Jamsa, Salsas, Sauces, Condiments
Roasted Eggplant Spread (Ina Garten)
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
This dip is best served warm. It's good to reheat leftovers mixed with a little balsamic vinegar to boost the flavor.
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. fresh pepper
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Lemon juice
- Cooking Spray
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line roasting dish or baking sheet with foil.
- Stir eggplant, bell pepper, onion and garlic cloves in large roasting dish. Spray with cooking spray or drizzle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast about 25 minutes, stir once for even browning. Roast additional 20 minutes until veggies are cooked through and browned well.
- Let cool a little. Poour into food processor. Add tomato paste. Pulse to get to good consistency. Add salt and pepper and lemon juice to taste.