Top | Candy and Snacks
Salted Nut Rolls
(recipe, Kim Carlson)
Here's a DIY and approximate version of the Pearson's Salted Nut Roll. The main effort is in purchasing the ready-to-go ingredients; assembling them is quick and easy — if a little sticky. This recipe makes an ample amount, good for a crowd.
- 1 bag (10 oz.) peanut-butter chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, plus more for the pan
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups (24 ounces) dry-roasted salted peanuts, divided
- Combine the chips, milk, and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about 1 minute in 20-second bursts, stirring to melt ingredients (add more time if necessary). Alternatively, heat the ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Fold in the marshmallows; the mixture will be quite sticky.
- Butter the bottom of a 13-inch-by-9-inch pan, and cover with 3 cups of the peanuts. Working quickly, spread the marshmallow mixture over the peanuts. Top with the rest of the peanuts, and press them lightly into the marshmallow filling. Refrigerate for several hours. When cool, cut into small squares and serve.