Top | Desserts
Cornmeal Rosemary Cake
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
I originally made this recipe from Giada de Laurentis years ago and loved it.
- ½ cup fine yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, cake flour, minced rosemary, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, on low speed beat the butter and vanilla together until combined. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolks and eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce the speed to medium and add the sour cream. On low speed add the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the cake is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool. Transfer the cake from the pan to a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar