Top | Breakfast
Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
(recipe, Katie Hickey)
I like to bake these in large muffin tins. They tend to dry out a little, so do not over bake.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 med.)
- 6 Tbsp. peanut butter (pref. creamy)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin (or 6 large).
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, mashed banana, peanut butter and buttermilk until very smooth, making sure all egg has been well-incorporated. Pour into flour mixture and stir until no streaks of flour remain.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin, filling each just about up to the top.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.