Top | Savory
(recipe, Anna Conley)
- 6 ripe figs
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- 12 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 12 slices pancetta
- 1 tsp. sunflower oil
- Make a criss-cross incision in the top of each fig and gently squeeze until slightly open. Nestle a piece of gorgonzola into each cut and sprinkle over some thyme leaves and black pepper.
- Wrap each fig with two slices of pancetta to hold the cheese in place and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Rub a griddle pan with the sunflower oil, then heat the pan. Griddle the figs for 3-5 minutes on a high heat until the pancetta is crispy and the figs are warm and tender inside.