Top | WFM Recipes
Carmelized Apple and Basil Soup
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Chef David McClure of Berret's Seafood Restaurant demonstrated this recipe at the Williamsburg Farmers Market Chef Tent on September 18, 2010.
- 2 lb. fresh apples, peeled & diced
- ½ lb. white onion, diced
- ¼ lb. celery, diced
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ lb. fresh basil
- Diced tomatoes and basil for garnish
- Sautee apples, onions and celery until lighly carmelized.
- Chill and add to one-gallon bucket with all other ingredients except olive oil.
- Blend with a hand mixer and slowly add olive oil.
- Once incorporated, chill for at least 2 hours and serve with a fresh basil leaf and diced tomatoes.
- Can also be heated in a saucepan and served hot.