Top | WFM Recipes
Butternut Squash Mashed Potatoes
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Chef Joan Monaco of Martin's prepared this dish at the Williamsburg Farmers Market Chef Tent on September 11, 2010.
- 4 to 5 medium white potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 pkg. Boursin cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil to coat
- Chef's Note: recipe can also be made with sweet potatoes or carrots.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash, discarding seeds.
- Toss with a small amount of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Wash potatoes and peel.
- Cut potatoes into large dice and steam or boil until soft.
- Melt the butter add add the milk and heat until warm, not boiling.
- Drain potatoes and place in mixing bowl with squash.
- Using a mixer, mix potato/squash mixture.
- Slowly add milk/butter mixture making sure not to make potatoes too runny.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.