Top | WFM Recipes
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Jean Monaco of Martin's demonstrated this dish at the Williamburg Farmers Market Chef Tent on September 11, 2010.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups organic sugard
- ¾ cup vegetable or nut oil
- 2 cups vanilla Stoneyfield yogurt
- 1 16.0 oz. can organic pumpkin
- 6 tsp. Frontier pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups unbleached white flour
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 box confectioners sugar
- 4 oz. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar, oil, yogurt, pumpkin, salt, and spices and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and divide bread mixture between the two pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes in preheated oven.
- The loaves should be golden brown when done.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Chill slightly before icing bread.