Top | WFM Recipes
(recipe, Williamsburg Farmers Market)
Sous Chef Justin Tulip of Opus 9 Steakhouse demonstrated this recipe at the Williamsburg Farmers Market on August 7, 2010.
- 6 Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (Peeled, Seeded & Chopped)
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Pepper (Seeded & Chopped)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Chives (Chopped Fine)
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- Worcestershire Sauce to taste
- 4 cups Tomato Juice
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Core each tomato and lightly X the bottom of each with a sharp knife.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling salted water for 10 seconds and move to an ice bath immediately.
- Peel and seed the tomatoes saving the juice and discarding the seeds.
- Combine blanched tomatoes and juice with all other ingredients in a non-metal container and refrigerate overnight.