Top | Experimental
Pasta With Braising Greens & Plum Tomatoes
(recipe, Jean Henrich)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ thinly sliced purple torpedo onion (about 1 cup)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small sweet purple pepper, thinly sliced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 bag Mixed Braising Greens (Kinninnick Farms), washed, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ box dried mostaccioli (½ lb)
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers and saute 3 minutes until slightly soft, stirring often.
- Add greens and saute until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt, garlic and broth; stir well. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water with salt for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans to vegetables and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to vegetables. Combine well.