Top | Raw
Raw, Vegan Energy Bars
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 2 cups soaked and dehydrated buckwheat (instructions here) OR, if you don’t have a dehydrator, use 2 cups of soaked and oven toasted buckwheat
- ½ cup raisins, chopped
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 5 Tbsp. maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients together until evenly coated and distributed.
- Press mix down in a pan (my baking dish was oddly shaped: 7 x 11), and cover the top tightly with a layer of tin foil. Place in the fridge for an hour, and then cut the dough into bars (you should be able to get 10-14, depending on your pan).
- Continue to refrigerate for another few hours, and then serve!
- Separate the bars and wrap them tightly. Store in the fridge and freezer till you’re ready to use.