Top | My Recipes
Summer Corn Chowder
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 4 fresh ears of corn
- 3 to 4 cups of veggie broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- Green onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 large white button mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup mung dhal (split yellow mung beans)
- ½ cup light sour cream or 1 cup milk
- Salt, pepper, oregano (~2 tsp) to taste
- Make mung dhal in one pot (½ cup mung dhal, 1 cup water).
- Puree freshly cut corn off the cob with veggie broth.
- Saute onions, green onions, and garlic in veggie broth for a few minutes until onions are transparent.
- Throw in carrots and mushrooms, and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add pureed corn, mung dhal, and seasonings to pot.
- Towards the end, throw in the chopped tomatoes.