Top | Raw
Almond Veggie Pate Nori Rolls
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- * 1 cup almonds
- * 2 cups cashews
- * 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- * 1 clove garlic
- * 3 carrots, chopped
- * ¼ cup yellow onion, chopped
- * ½ cup raisins
- * 1 teaspoon sea salt
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from ½ lemon
- * 4 sheets nori, or 8 sheets if too thin
- * 4 cups spinach leaves, washed and dried
- DIPPING (optional)
- * Soy Sauce or Nama Shoyu (raw) or Braggs (gluten-free)
- * Wasabi
- To make filling, process almonds and cashews into a powder, and set aside.
- Next, process ginger, garlic, carrots, onion, raisins, and salt into small pieces. Add oil, lemon juice, powdered almonds and cashews, and process to mix well.
- Wrap by placing nori sheets onto flat surface. Spread dry spinach leaves along bottom half. Onto spinach, spread about ¼ cup filling along edge closest to you. Roll up nori sheet. Slice into 6 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.