Top | Raw
Tomato Chili with Taco Nut Meat
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- * 3 cup tomatoes, chop
- * 1 cup red bell pepper, chop
- * ¼ cup celery, chop
- * ¼ cup yellow onion, chop
- * ⅓ cup mushroom, chop
- * ⅓ c corn kernels
- * 1 teaspoon garlic, mince
- * 1 – 2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- * 1 teaspoon cumin, powder
- * ¾ teaspoon oregano, fresh or dry
- * ¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Nut Meat Topping
- * 1 cup walnuts
- * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- * 1 tablespoon cumin, powder
- * 2 teaspoons coriander, powder
- * 1 teaspoon bragg’s or nama shoyu, or ¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Place all soup ingredients into a large mixing bowl, toss to mix well.
- Place half of your mixture into your food processor or blender and puree. Scoop back into bowl with mixture and toss to mix well.
- For the nut meat top, place all ingredients into your food processor, and process into small pieces.