Top | Raw
Green Pea Guacamole
(recipe, Carrie Stewart)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 large avocado
- ⅓ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped cherry tomatoes (mine were small, and I quartered them)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 heaping tbsp agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ to ½ tsp. salt (adjust to taste)
- Dash white pepper
- Blanch peas in boiling water for about ninety seconds. Remove them and plunge into an ice bath. Drain them and put them into a food processor fitted with the S blade. Pulse until peas are quite mushy and broken down–almost a puree.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into the food processor. Give the whole mix–peas and avocado–a few pulses, until it’s all nice and mushy, but not quite without texture.